30.7.14

Who The Fuck Are... DEAP VALLY






Lo cierto y verdad es que a este dúo californiano les ha costado convencerme. 
He asumido que ha de darme igual que las comparen incansable(pero cansina)mente con Dan Auerbach y Patrick Carney, o lo que es lo mismo, The Black Keys. Ellas no son mejores (eso seguro!) simplemente son diferentes. También han sido descritas como una mezcla ente White Stripes y Led Zeppelin... Disculpen mis limitaciones pero estoy lejos de asumir y/o entender esa mezcla. 

The truth  is that this Californian duo have struggled to convince me. 
I've assumed I must ignore the fact that everyone is comparing them with Dan Auerbach and Patrick Carney, or what is the same, The Black Keys. They -the girls- are no better (that's for sure!) Just are different. They have also been described as a mix between White Stripes and Led Zeppelin ... Excuse my limitations, but I am far from assuming and / or understand this mix.



Supongo que tras darle una oportunidad a su Sistrionix (o un par), más allá de sus pintas (porque esas me ganaron desde el minuto cero), han acabado convenciéndome.
Las chicas molan. El disco también. Pero las comparaciones siempre son odiosas.
Con todos ustedes  Lindsey Troy y Julie Edwards, o lo que es lo mismo  Deap Vally

I guess after giving an opportunity to his Sistrionix (or a couple), ans going beyond their looks (because those had me since the first sight!) they have finally convinced me. The girls are cool. The disc also is. But comparisons are always odious. With you all Lindsey Troy and Julie Edwards, or what is the same Deap Vally



Deap Vally featured on NME, March 2013


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario